by Jon Sullivan - 2022-10-10 - Status<<<<< previous blog next blog >>>>>
Just catching up on status.
1) Old car should have been here Friday. So I sat at home all weekend assuming it would show up any time. It didn't. Calling all went to voicemail. Found a live chat where someone said they'd find out what was going on and email me. They didn't. Oh well..... New car should be mine in a week or so, which will make the old car redundant and pointless. So we shall see which shows up first. But I took the rental back Friday and living with no car while trying to unpack and organize is not fun.
2) One more item from Amazon and the desk will be finally finished. The amount of work and expense I have put into this thing is crazy. Doesn't matter. It is a thing of perfection. At 59 I will finally have the desk I've always wanted.
3) General unpacking continues. Kitchen is finally sorted. But we will see how it holds up to a few real recipes. No car meant no shopping meant no Thanksgiving test recipes. It will be by far the most cramped kitchen I've ever cooked in. Not enough drawers by half. Not enough counter space. It's basically just a sink and appliances. Hotel kitchens have more room. There is no convenient place to put a trash bin. Whatever. I'll make it work. I'm continuing the minimalist kitchen setup I used in San Diego. So the stove/oven gets unplugged and boarded over for more counter space. Some huge wire-rack shelves stand in for a pantry. Whatever. I will cook. There will be dishes. I will not be stopped.
4) Maybe San Diego tap water was just really good. Or maybe Eugene tap water is really bad. But I can't drink this stuff. It tastes like they added four times the chemicals just to be sure or something. A Pur pitcher gets almost all of the taste out, but not all. A ZeroWater pitcher removes it all, but of course also removes all the good minerals. So still working on a final solution for that. I'll get my best guess sent to a lab for final testing.
5) Guest bed and couch still not ordered. Working on it. But once that's set up and the new car arrives we will be done. Like "done" done. Then the adventures can begin? I hope. Still haven't gotten my crabbing and fishing life underway. Need to get on that before it all freezes over.<<<<< previous blog next blog >>>>>