by Jon Sullivan - 2021-10-13 - Food<<<<< previous blog next blog >>>>>
Final draft of the tentative plan for the possible Thanksgiving menu.
It seems like as I get older my Thanksgiving menus get more ridiculous. I'm looking at this year's and wondering if I need to just back the hell off. This is way too ambitious.
* Duck liver pate, brie, crackers, champagne.
* French toast with port marinated berries and sweet goat cheese
* Crispy skin salmon with white bean sauce and mustard gremolata
* Blackened halibut with tomatillo salsa and black garlic butter
* Pork tamales with green mole and sun dried tomato cream
* Cajon sampler platter: shrimp and grits, jambalaya stuffed peppers, beans and rice
* Herbed fresh pasta with scampi shrimp
* Dijon and Guinness Beef pot pie
* Delicious dessert
Keep in mind this will be spread over a whole day. And portion size will be small. But with prep it's going to be a marathon I'm way too old for. I suppose that's a good reason to just go for it?
The workflow will be something like - Land in Kalispell on Weds, shop and prep for hours, get up 5am Thurs, start the prep aggressively, have French toast out by 7am, try not to burn out or get full.
Previous Thanksgivings :